Monday, September 3, 2012

The best breakfast to start your day


To give your day an energizing, healthy start, try this wonderful fruity oatmeal recipe with fresh fruit. I eat this every weekday before setting off to work. It is super simple, very quick to prepare in the morning and very-very nourishing.

I usually prepare a large amount of oatflakes mixed with dried fruits, nuts and grains in advance, and put it in jars on my counter, so I can use it for a whole months without having to worry about breakfast.
Take 1 kilogram (2 pounds) of plain, natural oatflakes, and add various dried fruits, nuts and other grains to it. I usually add half a kilo of mixed stuff to a kilo of oatflakes.

For example, use 200 grams of dried cranberries, 50 grams of linseed, 100 grams of raisins, 100 grams of cashew, and 50 grams of chopped almonds. But it is your call, whatever you like. I always use add cranberries for the vitamins and linseed for the omega-3 content, but every fruit and grain contains something healthy, so there isn’t really such thing as a bad choice in this matter.
I pour this mixture into glass jars, so they look real nice in my kitchen, and I always see how big is my current stock.

In the morning, I just toss some of this mixture into a bowl, add some milk and some fresh fruit, for example a cut an apple, or a handful of grapes or strawberries, and it is ready to eat right away, doesn’t require any heating, or waiting time.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds riiight up my alley--I'll have to give it a try sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it is just a simple oatmeal, but I wanted to share anyway, because I love it soooo much :D
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete