Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Apple and ham salad with mayonnaise


This is a salad I love to take with me to work for lunch, as it makes a very refreshing change from boring sandwiches. It takes minutes to prepare and doesn’t need anything that I don’t usually have in my fridge. The combination of apple and mayo comes from my mother who prepared it for sandwiches when we had guests, and I was always looking forward to having them- both guest and the apple-mayo sandwiches. When I started to make it on my own, I added ham and eggs to make a whole meal from it.

Apple and ham salad with mayo


 Ingredients (for two persons)

1 apple
1 egg
2 egg yolks
sunflower oil
a few slices of ham
a tablespoon of lemon juice
salt


Instructions

Hard-boil the egg. While it cooks, dice the apple, chop the ham and prepare the homemade mayo from the  two egg yolks, oil, lemon juice and salt. Do it the same way I described in the post about the mushroom salad with mayonnaise, only with lemon juice instead of mustard as flavoring, and don’t add sour cream at the end. When the egg is ready, peel and chop it, too. Mix everything together, and your salad is ready.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a delicious snack! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post has me salivating--I remember the first time I had ham and apple together and I was a bit weirded out (now, I can't imagine NOT eating it together) =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you like it! It is always great to discover a new combination, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete