Sunday, October 28, 2012

Grilled sandwich in the woods

Last weekend, we went on a getaway to the mountains, and spent a really nice time hiking in the autumn forest, reading and making food on fire. For dinner, we ate thick slices of bacon, sausage and onion grilled on a piece of stick over the fire, along with lots of fresh veggies, of course. Making this bacon-sausage-onion combo in the woods is one of my top favorite things. It is so relaxing, and so rewarding! On one morning, I decided to lit a fire again, and make a grilled sandwich on it.


 I put cheese and sausage in it, and covered the bread with aluminium foil. I waited until the fire was only smouldering, and placed the bread packages above it for a couple of minutes each side. I checked a few times to see whether the sandwiches got burnt. They didn't. They turned out great, and they were a real treat in nice morning sunlight.





3 comments:

  1. What a fun way to prepare sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I bet it makes it taste that much better =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. What a nice way to spend the morning!

    ReplyDelete