Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cranberry and coconut oatmeal cookies

Yesterday I had an urge to eat cookies, so I checked my pantry to see what is available. I realized that to make an oatmeal cookie, I didn't need much other than my usual breakfast oatmeal mixture I keep on my counter. As it is already mixed with nuts and dried fruits, I just had to add sugar, flour, an egg and some butter, and it was ready to be baked.

Cranberry and coconut oatmeal cookies


Ingredients:

3 cups of oatmeal
1 cup of a mixture of cranberries, walnuts, raisins, linseed, coconut flakes, etc. Basically anything you like.
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
3/4 cup butter (I used coconut butter, because that's what I had in my fridge)
3.5 oz flour
1 egg
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda

Instructions:

Mix the butter with the flour, than ad everything else. Heat the oven to 356°F (180°C). On a baking sheet, place small balls of the oatmeal mixture evenly, and press down the balls to make them flat. Bake for about 15 minutes. This amount made about 40 cookies for me.

2 comments:

  1. Something about oatmeal makes me associate it with Autumn---these are lovely flavors together and great ruby color for contrast!!

    ReplyDelete